Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sweats

I have to say that the sexy Eva Mendes isn't so sexy anymore.

I prefer Ryan Gosling to her any day anyway, but I can admit when a woman's got sex appeal.  
Women know when other women are hot. 

And until 2 days ago, she would've made my list of hotties.  

But then she said something so sexist and dumb that it's going to take me a long time to get over it, if ever, especially with the social media frenzy which by its very nature will keep that comment alive and well.   

The never-married 41 year-old gave marital advice to women everywhere:

"You can't do sweatpants...ladies, number one cause of divorce in America, sweatpants, no!"

Seriously, Eva?

Yes, she does not wear them at home because they may "turn off" her boyfriend and baby daddy. 

Hmmm....could she be referring to a specific kind, like sweats that are over-sized, ripped or rolled up?   Or maybe a certain color or brand?

Hold on a second. Let me ask Bob, my ex-husband, to weigh in on whether he feels that my attire was a determining factor for us.  After all, with three kids and 17 years together, he saw me in a lot of sweats.

No No, Never mind, he and I don't need to do any rehashing of any kind, even if it is about sweatpants.

If only Eva's word had been noteworthy back then, to give me this advice when I really needed it. She could have saved me mucho bucks on counseling.  Maybe I wouldn't have one divorce under my belt had I that savvy insight years ago and exchanged my sweatpants for something...well, more pleasing to him.

Boy, would life have been so simple if it was all about the sweatpants.

My current hubby pokes fun at me all the time saying that I live in my scrubs, which is my pediatric office uniform.  When I come home from work, if he wants to go out to dinner and I happen to be wearing my black top and bottom scrubs, I can get away with wearing these to a restaurant.  I may look like a waitress to some, or that I just attended a funeral to others, but since I'm usually wearing black anyway, why trade one black top for another?    

He also says he's surprised that I don't sleep in them - me too, actually.  It feels like an unnecessary waste of my energy when I'm already so tired at night to take off my scrubs, only to replace them with pajamas, but - just for the record - I always do.  This is where I have drawn the line.  I have never slept through the night in my work garb, although I have had plenty of power naps in them!    
There's truly nothing more comfortable than scrubs other than say, maybe, sweatpants.  

But now that Eva has spoken her mind, I may have to reconsider my liberal sporting of scrubs.  

Maybe she really is on to something.   

Perhaps I should be asking David to weigh in on that.  I wouldn't want to look back and say it was all about the scrubs.

2 comments:

  1. Very entertaining, Judy:) Way to put things into perspective, as you always do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a song by Drake and he says "Sweat pants, hair tied, chilling with no makeup on. That's when you're the prettiest". Maybe Eva needs a reminder that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and clothes don't make the woman, the heart and personality do!

    ReplyDelete