Sunday, December 20, 2020

Karma

Last week I found out that a former co-worker whom I shall call “Cruella de Vil” – the woman who tormented me at my old job – is really “stressed” and v e r y unhappy about her new living situation.

I’ve got 2 words for her…Boo Hoo!!!!!!

Way back when, she talked about this plan for months with everybody who would listen, always emphasizing how great her life was going to be once she made this move. Her dream situation sounded awful to me, but I showed excitement for Cruella because 1 – it was the nice thing to do; 2 – I was hopeful that a little extra positive energy sent from me to her might soften her up a bit; and 3 – she would strike back otherwise.

But let me tell you…now that I can be true to my feelings and not fake any, nor do I have anything to lose, I am…gulp…r e v e l i n g in her misery.

Exactly how bad a person am I???

I feel slightly evil to rejoice in her anguish, and I generally don’t hold grudges, but she was impossible in every way. She created – not only with her natural abilities but with added zest – a toxic environment, and I was one of the victims. She has earned this place in my heart. 

As much as she tortured others, I knew she had to make herself nuts too, with no way to escape other than in her dysfunctional mind where all kinds of warped thinking took shape. 

Knowing that she must be miserable inside – because how could you not be if you were her – was how I managed to cope at work (along with Trader Joe’s nonpareils), since she was never held accountable for any of her wrongdoing.  

But now, it sounds like she might be.

Karma

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Hehe, it's so good to be bad 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure deserves it - that lady sure was evil! No one should be nasty to my mama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Allison. I can’t imagine why anyone would be nasty to your sweet Mama😊

      Delete
  3. You really leave me in suspense for more details, but I am sure it feels good to be able to speak freely without the threat of her backlash looming over you. I love that you are free from all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it just feels so nice when people get their dues. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete